How to prepare your maternity suitcase
We know that packing a maternity suitcase is not an easy task. Whether it’s stuff for mom or baby, it’s hard to find your way around and not forget anything.
First question: when to prepare it?
She must be ready one month before the due date because it is in this period that everything can happen. It is better to anticipate and organize everything in advance to leave serenely on D-day.
Second question: how many bags to prepare?
It is best to prepare 2 bags: one for baby containing the things for the birth room and those for the stay in the maternity ward and another bag for the mother.
The administrative papers
- Blood type card
- Vitale card
- Identity card
- Mutual insurance card
- Medical file with ultrasounds and blood test results
For the part with the things for the room of birth foresee:
- A long sleeve bodysuit, size 1 month
- A warm pajama that opens in the front
- A cotton or wool vest
- A pair of socks
- A hat
For the business part of the maternity stay remember to take :
The bag for mom
We recommend that you take:
- 3 comfortable outfits
- 1 pair of flip-flops or slippers
- 1 vest
- 1 large, comfortable nightgown
- Your toiletries including a neutral soap to clean a possible scar
- 2 bath towels
- 5 pairs of disposable panties or, better yet, old panties that you no longer use
sanitary napkins or menstrual panties
If you want to breastfeed:
- 2 nursing bras, pads and protective cream.